- Reinvigorate EA’s content to align with modern readership demands
- Improve the value proposition and relevance of EA membership
- Improve the profile of, and increase engagement with, the EA brand
- Grow an owned audience by reaching Australian engineers who aren’t members yet
- Drive awareness of, and registration to, key events
Engineers Australia wanted to demonstrate and deliver on the value of membership to its 100,000 members. The monthly print magazine represented an important part of membership, but needed to change in order to engage readers and increase its relevance. EA wanted to adopt a fresh vision and showcase its engineers as world builders.
Static and animated
To achieve this, Mahlab developed the publishing brand create — engineering ideas into reality. We relaunched the print magazine, created a content hub — create digital — built an eNewsletter and developed a paid amplification strategy that ensures the content is reaching the right audiences, new and old. We also use the different content channels to promote EA’s events, services and training, as well as helping advertisers reach a niche audience — all of which generates engagement and revenue.
create’s editorial approach reflects engineers’ interest in knowing what’s new in the industry and highlights stories about innovative engineers. The content ranges from written articles to visual content including interactive and static infographics, and videos.
create’s online content is published on EA’s Facebook and Instagram pages and amplified to the target audience.
- create digital has attracted more than 662,500 unique users in the past year
- Average time on page is three minutes and 15 seconds, indicating readers are highly engaged
- In the past 12 months, the Facebook audience has grown by 4.5 per cent. The monthly organic traffic has also increased by 8 per cent — a testament to good SEO
- 78 per cent of members agree the new print magazine has improved
- 83 per cent of members agree EA is a trusted source of information
- Advertising revenue for FY19 was 20 per cent higher than targets
- Last year, we created targeted content to drive registration to EA’s World Engineers Convention that resulted in a sold-out event with 3000 attendees