- Transform members’ perceptions about the relevance of the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria’s (RACV’s) print magazine
- Create an engaging digital content experience for the 40 per cent of members open to forgoing print
- Build upon RACV’s existing credibility in leisure and mobility
- Grow RACV’s credibility in home
- Increase awareness and use of member benefits
RACV has been serving its now 2.1 million members since 1903. It is a deeply respected, historic and iconic brand in Victoria.
Until now, it was communicating to its faithful membership primarily through its print magazine, royalauto, and only around the standard content pillars of cars, travel and insurance.
To remain important to the lives of Victorians, RACV knew it needed to make a radical transformation to its member communications.
The RACV commissioned Mahlab to completely re-imagine its content and develop its media sales strategy to ensure its relevance in the future.
Research showed that royalauto was respected and trusted, but lacked alignment with the wider RACV business. Many members felt the magazine was not for them and were looking for content that spoke more broadly about member benefits and Victorian travel.
We evolved royalauto from a magazine-led content strategy to a holistic, member-first content ecosystem that includes a re-imagined print magazine, a content hub, an eNewsletter and social media channels.
The new content purpose is to guide the future of Victoria, telling stories that help Victorians improve their lives on the road and at home, by seeing and doing more.